[NatureNS] nature notes, question on dandelions

Received-SPF: pass (kirk.glinx.com: authenticated connection) receiver=kirk.glinx.com; client-ip=45.2.193.48; helo=[192.168.0.102]; envelope-from=dwebster@glinx.com; x-software=spfmilter 2.001 http://www.acme.com/software/spfmilter/ with libspf2-1.2.10;
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
From: David Webster <dwebster@glinx.com>
Date: Sun, 17 May 2020 12:12:33 -0300

bXBhdGljby5jYSI+ZHNjaGxv
--------------3F6CB474775D1E50BD7A642C

Hi Jane & All,

     Are these our various wild violets, the white ornamental violet or
both ?

Dave W. Kentville

On 5/17/2020 8:52 AM, dschlosb-g@ns.sympatico.ca wrote:

> What I wonder is if there are any vitamins left in the dandelions
> after boiling in two waters.
>
> For delicious and nutritious spring greens, I like the violets, both
> leaves and flowers (Eat them raw.). Euell Gibbons said they have the
> most nutrition of any of the spring greens.  Luckily, they like our
> “lawn”.
>
> Cheers.
>
> Jane Schlosberg

  <head>
  </head>
      violet or both ?</p>
      dschlosb-g@ns.sympatico.ca wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:041401d62c41$b41771a0$1c4654e0$@ns.sympatico.ca">
        medium)">
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
	{margin:0cm;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle19
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:612.0pt 792.0pt;
	margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026" />
<o:shapelayout v:ext="edit">
<o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->
            lang="EN-US">What I wonder is if there are any vitamins left
            in the dandelions after boiling in two waters.  <o:p></o:p></span></p>
            lang="EN-US">For delicious and nutritious spring greens, I
            like the violets, both leaves and flowers (Eat them raw.).
            Euell Gibbons said they have the most nutrition of any of
            the spring greens.  Luckily, they like our “lawn”.<o:p></o:p></span></p>
            lang="EN-US">Cheers.<o:p></o:p></span></p>