[NatureNS] Expand Universe or Tired Light

Received-SPF: pass (kirk.glinx.com: authenticated connection) receiver=kirk.glinx.com; client-ip=45.2.193.48; helo=[192.168.0.102]; envelope-from=dwebster@glinx.com; x-software=spfmilter 2.001 http://www.acme.com/software/spfmilter/ with libspf2-1.2.10;
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
From: David Webster <dwebster@glinx.com>
Date: Sun, 24 May 2020 10:32:09 -0300

&gt; About 25% of the galaxies are classed as elliptical. Th
--------------FCCAD4BFD6DAEB686FF1F210

Hi Patrick & All,

     When all else fails consult the manual. So I dug out a good Physics
book and refreshed the screen (Duncan & Starling, 1948).

     Your first two lines are misleading, in that when beams of
monochromatic light of equal intensity and exactly out of phase are
mixed the result is darkness, as you go on to explain explain in your
second paragraph (You can get....).

     This demonstrates that light from one source, under suitable
circumstances, can interact with light from other sources in spite of
the absence of a medium. And if beams of equal intensity result in
darkness then beams of unequal intensity would result in dimming.

     If I understand this correctly, the spectrum signature of some
element, e.g. H2, will have a number of lines. And, in the absence of a
Doppler effect, the lines of greater frequency may experience greater
opportunity to be dimmed, as a result of interference, but no
opportunity for shift in the red direction.

YT, DW, Kentville