[NatureNS] e. grosbeak, B. orioles?, no swifts at Wolfville chimneys

From: Jim Wolford <jimwolford@eastlink.ca>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2020 17:52:10 -0300
Cc: Tony Napoli <tonygnap74@gmail.com>,
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

MAY 27/20 - Lisa Eye reports a single male EVENING GROSBEAK at her feeder north of Port Williams.

Miner’s Marsh: several loud bird songs probably belonged to Baltimore orioles?

New Minas, Nova Drive bald eagle nest — no eagles seen, nothing visible at nest.

I made some very late dusk checks on roosting chimney swifts, first at University Hall, southwest chimney, on campus of Acadia Univ., from 8:47 p.m. (approx. Sunset time) to 9:00 — sky clear, 18 degrees C., no wind — no swifts seen.

Then I drove to downtown Wolfville, to Robie Tufts Nature Centre, and watched there under the same clear &  calm conditions, from 9:07 to 9:15 p.m. or later — again no swifts seen at all.

Tony Napoli did the RTNC vigil for swifts on May 23 but saw no entries into the chimney, although 5 or 6 swifts passed by the area.

Cheers from Jim in Wolfville.