[NatureNS] Monarch season coming

From: "Marg Millard" <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sat, 30 May 2020 11:02:00 -0300

Hi Larry, my milkweed grew about 5" in the past two days. The leaves are
unfurling. Last year the first Monarch that arrived at my place in White
Point arrived before we got to this stage so I am hopeful things go well.
One thing I did realize was when the Milkweed ran out and the caterpillars
moved out to the Horseradish, the chrysalises they developed slowly and many
did not produce Butterflies at all. Some did and the butterflies flew. I am
not sure if it was the Horseradish that wasn't the right food, were they
hosts to predator insects or if it was too
late in the season

White Point Artist, Marg Millard
19 White Point 2 Rd., White Point, Queens Co.,
R.R. # 1 Hunts Point, Nova Scotia
B0T 1G0 Canada (902) 683-2393
MargMillard.ca By Appointment, please

"Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul
And sings the tunes without the words
And never stops-at all." (Emily Dickinson)