[NatureNS] Catbirds in White Point, Queens.

To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
From: Bob Lindsay <rhlindsay@accesswave.ca>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2020 16:21:30 -0300

--------------0AB0C64F7099ED543F07D3EF

You might be interested that on Writers & Company on CBC Radio this past
Sunday (3 - 4 pm), Eleanor Wachtel interviewed a lady who did her Ph. D.
on Emily Dickinson. The poem you quote at the close of your emails was
included in the readings of this largely solitary poet.

Bob Lindsay

Dartmouth

  On 6/2/2020 3:32 PM, Marg Millard wrote:
> This morning, I was watching from the window for a bit, camera in
> hand, to see if I could see the Summer Tanager when both the Baltimore
> Orioles, a male and a female appeared. They were fluffing feathers and
> he was dancing up and down a branch in the Apple tree closest to the
> house. Something interrupted them.
> It was a Catbird. I have a photo, distant and dark. This pm I was down
> back behind the greenhouse and heard a lot of quiet twittering and
> lots of other speak. Yes, there was the catbird...when I was putting
> away some tools, I looked and there was a Catbird striking a pose and
> spreading tail feathers. Another Catbird and they were having a grand
> old time! afternoon.
> There are Warblers various, but high up and not staying still enough
> for me to focus on them. Nearly all the shrubs and trees are blooming
> and leafing out.
> There are many Hummingbirds about, some fighting but some just getting
> down to serious feeding.
> Marg
> White Point Artist, Marg Millard
> 19 White Point 2 Rd., White Point, Queens Co.,
> R.R. # 1 Hunts Point, Nova Scotia
> B0T 1G0 Canada (902) 683-2393
> MargMillard.ca By Appointment, please
> "Hope is the thing with feathers
> That perches in the soul
> And sings the tunes without the words
> And never stops–at all." (Emily Dickinson)

--------------0AB0C64F7099ED543F07D3EF

  <head>
      charset=windows-1252">
  </head>
      Radio this past Sunday (3 - 4 pm), Eleanor Wachtel interviewed a
      lady who did her Ph. D. on Emily Dickinson. The poem you quote at
      the close of your emails was included in the readings of this
      largely solitary poet.</p>
      wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:82B31253FB76468FB2636B796260103C@Millard">
        charset=windows-1252">
          #000000">
            camera in hand, to see if I could see the Summer Tanager
            when both the Baltimore Orioles, a male and a female
            appeared. They were fluffing feathers and he was dancing up
            and down a branch in the Apple tree closest to the house.
            Something interrupted them. </div>
            pm I was down back behind the greenhouse and heard a lot of
            quiet twittering and lots of other speak. Yes, there was the
            catbird...when I was putting away some tools, I looked and
            there was a Catbird striking a pose and spreading tail
            feathers. Another Catbird and they were having a grand old
            time! afternoon. </div>
            still enough for me to focus on them. Nearly all the shrubs
            and trees are blooming and leafing out. </div>
            just getting down to serious feeding. </div>

--------------0AB0C64F7099ED543F07D3EF--