[NatureNS]

From: "John and Nhung" <nhungjohn@eastlink.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2020 06:27:16 -0300

#yiv1238949202 &lt;/style&gt;&lt;div&gt;&lt;div class="yiv1238949202WordSection1"&gt;&lt;div class="yiv1238949202MsoNormal"&gt;&lt;span style="font-size:11.0pt;"&gt;Good point!&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;div class="yiv1238949202MsoNormal"&gt;&lt;span style="font-size:11.0pt;"&gt; &amp;nbsp;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;div class="yiv1238949202yqt2652751903" id="yiv1238949202yqt26431"&gt;&lt;div&gt;&lt;div style="border:none;border-top:solid #B5C4DF 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0cm 0cm 0cm;"&gt;&lt;div class="yiv1238949202MsoNormal"&gt;&lt;b&gt;&lt;span style="font-size:10.0pt;" lang="EN-US"&gt;From:&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/b&gt;&lt;span style="font-size:10.0pt;" lang="EN-US"&gt; naturens-owner@chebucto.ns.ca [mailto:naturens-owner@chebucto.ns.ca] &lt;b&gt;On Beha

------=_NextPart_000_0016_01D63A39.311190F0

Good point, David.  I have pushed the idea of =E2=80=9Ccitizen =
scientists =E2=80=9C  to folks in both Westfor and DLF and people seemed =
receptive.  It=E2=80=99s a great way to avoid headaches.  Someone in DLF =
mentioned the need for training as part of the process.  Fair enough, =
but seems to me, that training could be two-way.

Bev Wigney, enormous thanks for getting those wheels turning!

I was thinking of organized observations, data-collecting  and the like =
when I was making the suggestion, but hell, why not include =
plan-drafting, or  anything else relevant?

I do sympathize with the folks in DLF to some extent, because there =
aren=E2=80=99t enough of them with enough time to do everything they =
need to do.  They need help.

I am sure I am being too pollyanna-ish, and don=E2=80=99t doubt that =
there is resistance to erring more on the side of sustainable practices, =
but the few excuses such folks have, the better.