[NatureNS] Mink Frogs in NS

From: nancy dowd <nancypdowd@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2020 15:20:47 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Heard a new (for me) sound at a marsh this morning in E Dalhousie, Kings. A wooden “cut, cut, cut” was sounding from the grassy edges all around the pond at intervals for the first time this year so I recorded it. Obviously, it was a frog and the call matches that of a Mink Frog perfectly.  Wondering about their distribution in NS? I read they are much less common than other frogs.  And they are often not covered in local guides such as Summer Nature Notes for Nova Scotians by Merritt Gibson (I have an old copy). Not finding much on the internet either.  Info appreciated.

Thanks, Nancy D

Sent from my iPad