Mailing a comment to Training
If you are not comfortable with using the Lynx mailer, please browse through
the instructions below.
Following the training link will take you into the Lynx mailer, which
uses Pico as the editor.
training to sign up for
- Fill in the subject line at the prompt "Subject:".
- "Do you wish to include the referenced document? (y/n)"
- 'n' for no.
- Move the cursor below the line "enter your message below".
- Type in your mail message. If you are requesting training, please
specify the course, date, time, and place.
- Hold down the control key and press 'x' at the same time
(control-x) when you are finished composing your message.
- "Save modified buffer (ANSWERING "No" WILL DESTROY CHANGES) ?"
- Specify 'y' for yes will save it, 'control-c' for cancel will allow
you to continue editing the document, 'n' for no will cancel the message
- "File Name to write : /tmp/L******.html"
- This will appear if you specified 'y' for yes in the previous step.
- "Send this comment? (y/n)"
- If 'y' is pressed, message will be sent, if 'n', message will be