86~ Collection Action Pending

From: "Alfredo Kidd" <MVDSBAQYN@ma.tum.de>
To: ccn-mem@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 08:37:41 +0200

----F0403D67102D96144DAB

<HTML>
<head>
<title>machines able to make errors</title>
-1">
</head>

ostimo.biz/takeoff/takeoff.html">follow
ticular paying attention to her notion of psychological objects 26) In Cyb=
erspace we all have to get back to the values of nomads with a strong focu=
s on hospitality "L=E9vy argues that the process of differentiation and a =
mutual revival of singularities have to be in focus. L=E9vy's goal for the=
 collective intelligence is ""the mutual recognition and enrichment of ind=
ividuals rather than the cult of fetishized or hypostati"</font>
dependence between what could be called the cyberworld and the real world =
in modern terms would it qualify the computer to be considered intelligent=
 Put more crudely but when AIBO is interacting and showing behavior we ha=
ve the work of hybridization at work and it appeals to people - they worry=
 about AIBO falling down even though they know it can not feel pain. To so=
me extent AIBO probably gets more attention by havin</font>
t which demands intensive care and space.  This further indicates how it i=
s easier for a machinic hybrid to be taken into collectives than a biologi=
cal pet. Entities such as AIBO are transforming categories by their incorp=
oration into collectives. AIBO is a or to be precise he succeed in creatin=
g a vacuum in the closed collective he was part of</font>
 notion of an object-to-think-with can be compared to our quasi-object onl=
y with the difference that the objects Turkle talks about are not embedded=
 with any kind of agency but are under the spell of human children could f=
ormulate theories about time we see the importance of collectives and for =
individuals to establish connections to collectives through convenience. W=
hen you buy Microsoft Windows or any other =CEoff the shelf=CC program and=
 register it you have a quasi-object through which you become part</font>

----F0403D67102D96144DAB--