problems with my Email

Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 14:05:40 -0400 (AST)
From: "Andrew D. Wright" <adw@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: Edward Paterson <ay595@chebucto.ns.ca>

	Hi Edward. You are describing a number of different issues over a
wide time frame. To fix something we need to establish what has happened
and then what can be done about it.

	The first issue is email not reaching you. You have your spam
filter settings set to put anything Chebucto tags as spam into a folder
called JUNKMAIL and in fact you have such a folder with some 99 K of mail
in it. Since the headers on your message indicate you are using our
Webmail service, you can access your JUNKMAIL folder by clicking on the
drop down folders menu at the top right of the Webmail window then
clicking on JUNKMAIL. You may need to scroll down this drop down menu.
Mail sent to you will be in your inbox or this JUNKMAIL folder.

	Checking your Chebucto Plus connection record, which you can do
yourself by clicking on the "Your Plus Usage" link at:

http://plus.chebucto.ns.ca/

 - there is a normal connection Saturday around 5 pm that lasted 12
minutes then the next connection is Sunday morning at 7:49 am and almost
no data is sent or received. Since the connection was the usual solid
49.3 K, my guess is that you have some form of malfunctioning or
misconfigured firewall software as all the rest of the connections for the
day show the same pattern. There was no system problem on Chebucto's side
Sunday. The next connection is at 10:20 pm and it is normal, so my guess
would be that the firewall problem was rectified between 9:36 am and 10:21
pm Sunday.

	You next describe your mail being sorted differently. In the
Chebucto Webmail service you can sort your mail differently by clicking on
the top panel of the inbox: click on "Date" and the messages will be
sorted by date in order, click Date again and the messages will be sorted
by date in reverse order. "From" sorts alphabetically by sender name as it
appears, clicking it again sorts in reverse order; "Subject" sorts
alphabetically by subject, and so on.

	Lastly, you mention disconnections. Checking your
Chebucto Plus connection history going back to November 2005, about 80% of
your calls end normally with your computer telling our computer to hang up
the phone. The other 20% are all Remote-End-Hung-Up which means the phone
call itself was disconnected on your side. Your computer may have closed
the connection without notice to anything on our side or the telephone
call was disconnected on your side for any number of reasons; computer
locked up, wind on wires, someone picking up a receiver in the house, etc.