Junk mail continued

Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 16:07:57 -0400 (AST)
From: CCN Help <ch1@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: Ruth Bailey <ac288@chebucto.ns.ca>

Hi Ruth,

   Spammers grab email addresses off newsgroup postings, mailing lists,
and anything else that is publically archived such as webpages to garner
email addresses to use.  They may assign random names to the email
addresses to make them look more authentic rather than just sending spam
through with just an alphanumeric numbering on it.  Unfortunately, this is
a widespread practice and there is no way to guard against it except to
not post your email address on any mailing list, newsgroup or website.

CCN Help