lost messages

Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 18:59:44 -0400 (AST)
From: CCN Help <ch1@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: "Maureen A. Yeats" <maureen@chebucto.ns.ca>
cc: postmaster@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi Maureen,

   What are your spam settings set to?

   If set to simply 'delete', then legitimate emails that look like spam
(a lot of emails sent by Yahoo, Google, HotMail etc get so loaded with
advertisements that they sometimes appear to be spam to the filter) and
may be getting deleted.

   If this is the case, change your settings to store in JUNKMAIL folder
and check it regularly (as it counts on your quota) and if you see
legitimate email going there, let us know.  Our filters are optimized to
catch spam but occasionally third party free email programs such as Yahoo,
Google etc load their email with so much spam (to pay for the 'free'
service), they sometimes contributes to the problem.

   I will copy Postmaster on this email so that they can check on their
end to see if any email may be held up by one the sorters (this can happen
occasionally if we are innundated with spam through one of the machines -
we have several sorters).

CCN Help