I find returned messages which I did not send in the first place

Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2007 18:35:57 -0400 (AST)
From: CCN Help <ch1@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: Ambros <waterbuf@chebucto.ns.ca>

Hi Ambros,

   What you are seeing could be the result of your new list on Yahoo.

   Your email address is now on your Yahoo list and spammers skim those
lists for email addresses.  Chances are you're going to be seeing a lot
more of those types 'bounces' from now on.  Spammers use the addresses
they skim from lists, newsgroup postings, webpages etc to forge outgoing
email addresses to millions of unlucky recipients.  They are now using
your email address as a 'From:', knowing that any bounces will go to you
and not them.

   There's nothing you can do about it.  Once you created your Yahoo
list, you really publically started advertising your email address.  The
only way to minimize spam and things like email forging is to never post,
write or advertise your email address anywhere including webpages.  Even
then, you would be surprised how the spamemrs can still get your email
address.  Since you weren't one sending that email, just delete the
bounces and chalk it up to experience on the internet.

CCN Help