Problem with mail send, receive

Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 18:05:14 -0400 (AST)
From: CCN Help <ch1@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: Ross Boutilier <aw064@chebucto.ns.ca>
cc: postmaster@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi Ross,

    Could you supply us with the two emails that were 'correctly
addressed' but sent to your other email service?  Another person who
had a similar problem several months ago, complained of not receiving
emails; forwarded their emails to us where it was discovered that the
address being used by the sender was incorrect; they had actually used
a number 1 [one] instead of a lower case letter l [L] in the address;
for example: 'cl012@chebucto.ca', it was mistakenly addressed as:
'c1012@chebucto.ca'.

    Whereas your email address is aw064, could the sender have
mistakenly used a letter O [oh] instead of the number 0 [zero], so
instead of: 'aw064@chebucto.ca', they put 'awO64@chebucto.ca?'  That
would definitely cause a delivery failure.  In the meantime, your
email has been sent to our Postmaster for further investigation but
sending us the other two emails would greatly assist us in finding a
solution.  Please enclose the full headers, as well; as occasionally,
a feeder system on the internet may re-direct something by mistake,
causing CCN to _never_ receive those particular emails in the first
place.  Full headers would tell us the complete path the emails took.

    The thing about Bcc: is that it's a 'blind carbon copy' and it
usually means that if the system detects that you've already received
a copy of an email, the Bcc: will be ignored.  A Bcc: is, usually,
only delivered if you aren't already receiving a copy of the email.
To receive a copy regardless, use Cc:.  People were using Cc: a lot,
on mailing lists from which they were already receiving copies, were
complaining that they were receiving redundant copies of the same
emails because they had Cc: copied themselves on all their outgoing
emails; some were receiving four or five copies of every email they
sent so Bcc: is designed to check to see if you've already received a
copy of the same email and, if so, not deliver the Bcc: copy.

Tony @ CCN Help