Settings Problem

Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 17:56:51 -0300 (ADT)
From: "Andrew D. Wright" <awright@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: Steve Smith <sessmith@chebucto.ns.ca>

 	Hi Steve. Nothing has changed here. You do not provide enough
information for us to be able to assist you.

 	You log on to check your mail from work. How? If you are using
webmail, for example, it could be that your employer is firewalling
the connection. We know that the Halifax School Board recently started
blocking connections to Chebucto webmail, for instance.

 	If you are using some program, what program, what version and what
sort of error messages are you seeing?

 	About your home connection with Microsoft Outlook, it is
integrated with the Windows operating system and it is prone to messing
up. We don't recommend using it because it can randomly change its own
settings and it can be difficult to fix. We recommend Mozilla Thunderbird
as an email program. You don't say if you are using Outlook to access your
Chebucto mail using POP3 or IMAP mail protocol. Can you access your mail
at home using webmail successfully? Outlook has security settings that can
affect how it treats mail, and these can alter on their own. Perhaps
something of this nature is affecting the program. If so, you might want
to check Outlook's various options to see if the program has changed
something without your knowledge.

 	You can always bring your home computer into the Chebucto office
and we can look at it here. There is no charge for this.