User: Waverley, spam?

Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 14:33:33 -0300 (ADT)
From: "Andrew D. Wright" <awright@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: Andrew Whitlock <a.whitlock@dal.ca>

         Hi Andrew. This is what is called backscatter spam. Spam is sent
to a mail server but cannot be delivered for some reason. The mail server
bounces the spam back to the address on the spam, which is always fake and
belongs to an innocent third party such as yourself. It takes a special
kind of stupid mail administrator to be bouncing spam to the fake reply
address since this has been a common spammer practice for the past seven
years.

         We are working on improving our mail filters to catch more of this
sort of junk mail and we are working on major improvements to our mail
system to deal with this issue as well.

         This did not come from anything you have done and no one has
gotten any sort of access to your account. Just delete the messages for
now.