Connecting with Mac

Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 01:50:02 -0400 (AST)
From: CCN Help <ch1@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: Gene Frampton <frampton@chebucto.ns.ca>
cc: help-answers@chebucto.ns.ca, office@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi Gene,

    Your new Mac should have all the software on it already so no further
software is needed if you're planning to connect via your graphical
browser.  If attempting telnet, you may need a telnet client like ZTerm
v1.1b7, available in our PDA (www.chebucto.ca/Services/PDA) is the
latest update for OSX.

    Here are set-up instructions for OSX on how to configure your modem
settings.

    1. Click on the Apple Menu in the top left corner of your screen and
choose 'Location' then 'Network Preferences'.

    2. In the window that opens next, click on 'Locations' drop down menu
and choose 'New Location'.  In the 'Name your new location' field, enter
'Chebucto PLUS' then click 'OK'.

    3. Now click on the PPP tab and enter your PLUS UserID in the 'Account
Name' field and enter your Password in the 'Password' field.  In the
'Telephone Number' field, enter 494-6744 and select 'Show modem status in
menu bar'.

    4. Click on the 'TCP/IP' tab and choose 'Using PPP' from the
'Configure' drop down menu, all others fields should be left blank.
Click the 'Apply Now' button to save your PLUS profile settings.

    5. To connect to the Internet using your PLUS dial-up connection you
can either, click on the telephone icon on the menu bar located in the top
right corner of your screen and then choose your PLUS connection or click
on the Apple Menu and choose 'Location' and then choose your PLUS
connection.  You can also drag an icon alias out onto the dock at the
bottom of the screen for ease of access.

    Let us know if you require further assistance.  Your request to be
added to CCN's Wireless list has been passed onto the office.

CCN Help