Junkmail

Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 18:27:26 -0400 (AST)
From: CCN Help <ch1@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: Philip Alberstat <ap634@chebucto.ns.ca>
cc: help-answers@chebucto.ns.ca, postmaster@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi Barb,

    Junkmail is set up to auto-delete itself after it has reached one month
in your junkmail folder, to allow you a chance to check through it, in the
event you were expecting email which didn't arrive but, for some reason,
was deemed junkmail by our filters and inadvertently diverted to your
junkmail folder.  Prior to our switching to the much larger mailboxes,
excessive junkmail backlogged in the junkmail folder caused quota
problems but with the much larger storage capacity we now offer, this has
no longer, been an issue.

    For those who wish to delete all their junkmail, occasionally, un-read
and un-checked, can log into their text account, start up PINE via the
go-mail link, select and enter the junkmail folder, use: ;AAD (semi-colon,
the letter 'A" twice and then the letter 'D") to select all email
contained within that folder and delete it in one fell swoop.  All 295
pages/5000 emails will be toast at your command.  Please note; that, once
email has been deleted, it can never be retrieved, so make sure you want
to do this before proceeding.

    let us know if you require further assistance re: this or any other
matter concerning CCN.

CCN Help