FTP downloading with Mac

Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 22:43:09 -0300 (ADT)
From: CCN Help <ch1@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: "Y.S. Tong" <taiji@chebucto.ca>
cc: help-answers@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi Yau-Sun,

    Go to: http://filezilla-project.org/download.php

    and get the latest version (3.4.2?) for Mac OSX.  You will need to run
OSX 10.5 according to the documentation.

    Once installed and running, enter the domain as: chebucto.ca, phone
number: 494-6744 (for PLUS), your userid and password (for mail) as you
will accessing your text service account.

    The directory you will access is: /csuite/home/ji/taiji.  Once you are
there, you will see all your folders and files.  The FTP program will
allow you upload, download, copy etc.

    Currently, there no info sessions for using CCN.  Years ago, there was
only one way to use CCN and so the info sessions taught people how to do
that.  Nowadays, you can use many different systems .. PC, Mac, library
etc and come in through dial-up, telnet, ftp, graphically, text-wise etc
and there are too many different ways for an info session to cover.

    Just ask specific questions to userhelp, like you did below, if you
need help with certain areas or functions and we'll help you the best we
can.  Let us know if you need further clarification with anything.

Tony @ CCN Help