spam adjustment

Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 15:10:48 -0300 (ADT)
From: CCN Help <ch1@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: John Dennis Elliott <ap721@chebucto.ns.ca>
cc: help-answers@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi John,

    It's set to ON or OFF.

    The criteria that the general filter uses is set by the Office,
depending on exactly how much of a certain spam may be coming through.  We
used to allow individual spam filtering awhile back but people were adding
in so many once-only-used addresses that the master file became tens of
thousands of entries long and it took several minutes for each piece of
incoming email to be checked against this massive listing.

    Many spammers will use an address only once and then move to another
one.  Adding these addresses to a list of addresses to be checked against
just increases the time it takes to clear every piece of email.  You may
get no spam but you're going to wait days, maybe weeks for your email to
get through as CCN handles millions of pieces of mail a week.

CCN Help