Why is Mozzila crasing onsome site??????????

Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 14:03:28 -0400 (AST)
From: "Andrew D. Wright" <awright@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: Michael Boschat <aa063@chebucto.ns.ca>

 	Hi Michael. What you are describing is not a Firefox issue but a
Windows issue. Firefox is not the unstable mess that you're describing
when running on a normal system.

 	First thing is you are far behind on Windows system updates and
should absolutely not be running Windows XP Service Pack 2, you should
have Service Pack 3 and all the following updates including Internet
Explorer updates (even if you don't use Internet Explorer since its the
Windows Explorer subsystem that gets updated here). You may or may not
already be compromised by one of the many exploits that target outdated
Windows XP installs.

 	Before doing the updates, it may be worth taking a few minutes and
dig out your Windows XP install CD and stick it in. Go to Start then Run
then type in:

cmd

and then hit Enter.

 	In the CMD window, type in:

sfc /scannow

and hit Enter. Windows will scan its system files, checking and replacing
damaged ones from the Windows CD.

 	Then install Service Pack 3, all following updates from
http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com
including all Internet Explorer updates. These will update and replace
many more system files.

 	Then go and install the current Firefox, 3.6 at the time of this
writing and see how everything works. Don't forget to defrag after doing
all the updating for maximum speed.

 	On our News page, http://chebucto.ca/news there is a list of
recommended (and free) antivirus and antispyware. Microsoft's Security
Essentials and Spybot Search and Destroy together provide a pretty good
defence against malware. After running so unsecure I'd recommend doing
full scans with both programs after installing them.

 	Now this all ought to sort things out. If it doesn't then your
only option is to reinstall Windows (and all updates) from scratch.