Possible problem with incoming mail

Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 18:52:49 -0300 (ADT)
From: "Andrew D. Wright" <awright@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: Shane Turner <turner@chebucto.ns.ca>

 	Hi Shane. The problem seems to be coming from the remote servers,
which all choke sending the same byte, perhaps a null character or
something else they can't pass. Here's the detailed message our tech sent
when investigating:

 	I'm seeing 11 attempts across 4 different mail servers to deliver
 	the first mail (message 101). Each connection lasted just under 9
 	minutes and resulted in timing out while sending the message
 	contents.

 	The weird thing is that all the connections timed out after close
 	to the same number of seconds (between 520s and 600s), and after
 	transmitting the exact same amount of data (1563 bytes).

 	If this were just random connection timeouts, I doubt that they
 	would happen after the connections had been running for roughly
 	the same length of time, after transmitting the exact same data.
 	My guess would be that the remote server was choking on byte
 	number 1564.