facebook

Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 22:51:33 -0400 (AST)
From: CCN Help <ch1@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: Janet Mackenzie <jimack@chebucto.ns.ca>
cc: help-answers@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi Janet,

    Do you even have a Facebook account, which is completely separate from
a Chebucto account?  If not, you need to register with Facebook, a
completely different service than Chebucto.

    Also, do _NOT_ use your Chebucto password to log into Facebook as
you're giving them your secret protected Chebucto password.  When you sign
up with Facebook, you should use a new and different password than your
Chebucto password.

    This is what the messages you're receiving are telling you; that you
don't have a Facebook account and, until you do, you're not going to be
able to see other people's profiles, friends' requests etc.  If you're a
computer online newbie, you should talk to your friends about how to go
about this before attempting to get onto Facebook so soon after getting
online as you might make a mistake which could be hard to undo.

    Do you have a friend using Facebook you can get advice from?

CCN Help