Fwd: Webmail Update

Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 14:18:36 -0400 (AST)
From: "Andrew D. Wright" <awright@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: Ed Hanrahan <at788@chebucto.ns.ca>

 	Hi Ed. No, this is not from the Chebucto office. You can tell this
because the mail does not come from Chebucto and it does not direct you to
a Chebucto website. It also threatens you and that is not the way we
communicate with our users.

 	Criminals around the world want your email password. To get it
they will try and trick you. We do not adopt a threatening tone with our
users, but the criminals will try and make you do what they want as soon
as possible so they will make it look like you must act immediately.

 	I will re-send to you the emails we've sent out in the past
warning our users about this kind of scam. Please read through them so you
can spot the different scams criminals will try.

 	We will never, ever, ever ask you to send your password in an
email and we will never, ever, ever ask you to log in to a non-Chebucto
net website with your password. A real Chebucto email will come from
office@chebucto.ns.ca or my awright@chebucto.ns.ca address which will say
to reply to office@chebucto.ns.ca. A real Chebucto email will be
written in proper English and not be threatening in tone. A real Chebucto
Community Net login, such as our Webmail service or credit card renewal
page will be protected by an Extended Validation security certificate
which will turn your web browser's address bar green and if you click on
it will tell you you are connected to the Chebucto Community Net Society.
This is not something that can be faked by criminals.

 	We won't ask for passwords in email and we won't direct you to a
non-Chebucto Community Net website that asks for your password. Anything
that does do this is criminals, always.