using mail with ipad

Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 19:31:24 -0300 (ADT)
From: "Andrew D. Wright" <awright@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: Nancy Little <nelittle@chebucto.ns.ca>

 	Hi Nancy. Not having an ipad to test I can only guess at why
webmail might not work on the ipad version of Safari. If it is possible to
get into the Safari settings, look for support for TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1 and
TLS 1.2 encryption protocols and make sure it is enabled or turned on.

 	Failing that you can always set up the ipad mail program to access
your mail directly.

 	Here are the settings you would use with this, or any, mail
program.

 	Use IMAP, not POP3. Make sure encryption is turned on. Make sure
Plain Password authentication is turned on. We support SSL and TLS
encryption. Server name is imap.chebucto.ns.ca

 	For the Send Mail or SMTP server, the server name is
smtp.chebucto.ns.ca. Use SSL encryption. Use Port 465, not the
automatically selected port number. Use Plain Password authentication.