News server workaround...

Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2013 17:08:18 -0300 (ADT)
From: CCN Help <ch1@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: Will McCorry <aa328@chebucto.ns.ca>
cc: help-answers@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi Will,

    Until we can get a news server, of some sort (since the demise of Dal
News) functioning, here is a small workaround to get you by.

    Get a free news account with: eternal-september.org.  Once your account
is up and running; until we can get it working through PINE, edit your
bookmark file (or create a special one for usenet) to include the
following (using hfx.general, as an example):

<li>hfx.general

    and save it.  Now, use this bookmark to access hfx.general through e-s.
It will ask you for your e-s username and password and, once entered, will
be good for each and every newsgroup you enter, during that session.  Make
a bookmark for each newsgroup you want.  You will be able to post using
the reply link in each posting you're reading and it will be allowed,
providing you are signed into e-s.

Tony @ CCN Help