windows xp and other problems.

Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 16:53:53 -0300 (ADT)
From: CCN Help <ch1@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: Janet Mackenzie <jimack@chebucto.ns.ca>
cc: help-answers@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi Janet,

    It's probably not your browser nor is it a Windows problem.

    Most likely, it's a Facebook problem.  Ever since Facebook added Time
Line and other things to its pages, a lot of people have been reporting
problems; mostly due to the fact that these require Java enabled and they
take a lot of juice in the RAM department.

    If your system is a few years old, chances are it has less than 1
gigabyte of RAM, whereas Facebook's recent changes now require at least 2
gigabyte just to load the basics.  Games and other things require at least
3 gigabytes of RAM to make them work smoothly.  Updating your Windows to 7
or 8 would require you upgrade your RAM anyway, as those newer editions of
Windows would need the extra room to load and run things properly.

    To see what amount of RAM you have, click on Start and look for
MyComputer in your list (it's usually in the second column), click on it
with your right mouse button and select Properties using your left mouse
button.  It should come up with a name pate with your name and other info
on it.  At the bottom of the list, it should say how much RAM you have.

    Remeber, RAm and hard drive space are two different things.  It's
RAM you want.  Let us know what it says and we can advise you further.

Tony @ CCN Help