Problem

Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2014 16:05:19 -0400 (AST)
From: CCN Help <ch1@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: "Harry E. Slaunwhite" <at593@chebucto.ns.ca>
cc: help-answers@chebucto.ns.ca, office@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi Harry,

    A couple of months ago, people in N.S. and P.E.I. had to start adding
902 to front of all dialed phone numbers.  However, people were given a
grace period until late October/early November.  Have you changed your
dial-up information to include the 902 prefix?

    If not, then the system is interpreting your dial-up procedure as a 494
area code and expects a long distance call.  Since you're not adding a 1
in front of the whole number, the long distance system isn't being engaged
so all you would get is a busy signal as the call fails.  This will happen
with both the text service dial up and PLUS dial-up and with any phone
calls you would make.

    The reason you're able to connect from the library is because the
library connects directly via an internet connection and not dial-up.  Is
this what is happening to you?  If so, add the 902 to your dial-up
procedure.  If not, let us know, so we can investigate further.

CCN Help