desktop computer

Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 21:15:23 -0400 (AST)
From: "Andrew D. Wright" <awright@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: Deborah MacKay <debi@chebucto.ns.ca>

 	Hi Debi. You can use the Chebucto Wireless service from multiple
devices so no problem there.

 	Your desktop computer needs to have a wireless network adaptor.
Unlike laptops, these are generally not built into desktops. A USB wifi
adaptor is around $20 for a cheap one.

 	If your desktop is an Apple or is running Windows 8.1 you should
be able to put in your username and Chebucto Plus password when prompted
to when connecting to Chebucto Wireless and just connect.

 	If your desktop is running Windows Vista or 7, I'll need to
manually configure the connection. If you're running Windows XP you
probably need a new computer.

 	I'll be in the Chebucto office tomorrow (Wed Feb 18) if you wanted
to bring the desktop in (after 2:30 pm would be good). You need to bring
the wifi adaptor with you; we have monitor, keyboard and mouse in the
office. We're in the middle of building more Chebucto Wireless in three
other Manors so my office hours over the next few weeks are going to be
problematic so tomorrow may be the last chance for a bit to catch me in.