chebucto tweets

Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2015 15:21:31 -0400 (AST)
From: "Andrew D. Wright" <adw@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: help-answers@chebucto.ns.ca

Resending to list since original reply didn't show up.

-------------------------------

 	Hi John. I run the Chebucto Twitter feed. Viewpoints expressed are
intended to bring attention to various news items or other matters
of interest or concern in addition to reporting of Chebucto
Community Net news.

 	Chebucto Community Net does not advocate for any political party.
You can go back through all of our tweets and posts and none will
say to vote or not vote for any candidate or their party.

 	Chebucto Community Net is a registered charitable society and the
basis of that charitable registration is education.

 	While we do not advocate for any one party or belief system we do
advocate several positions, e.g. that all should have access to the
tools of communication; that we do not support any form of web
censorship; that open communication is key to building communities.

 	Frequently the Twitter feed will criticize politicians and their
decisions but we're definitely equal opportunity about it as every
single party has been frankly disappointing when it comes to the
things that affect our cause.

 	Addressing the Harper Horrors tweet specifically, it is a
reasonable assumption that destroying science libraries, gagging
scientists and subverting their research, and silencing charities
using intimidation tactics are all positions we would not support no
matter which party came up with them and we're glad our country is
on a different tack away from such madness. The retweeted NBC News
post was a look at Canada from outside, our openness a startling
contrast to the current American campaign rhetoric.