over quota ?? Vol 3

Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2016 13:36:59 -0300 (ADT)
From: "Andrew D. Wright" <awright@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: Tom Daly <tom_d@chebucto.ns.ca>

 	Hi Tom. Long time no see. Coming to the AGM?

 	Checking the kieran account quota, everything's fine now. There's
nothing in the mail and a few hundred k of files, well below the 5k
limit.

 	Most of the files are in a defunct mail folder in the kieran files
area. This folder is a remnant from when we moved mail off the main server
and can be safely deleted. You can use an SFTP program like the free
FileZilla to access account filespace securely. Telnet should be avoided
completely, only use an SSH program such as PuTTY. You can find these
programs in our recommended software section under News at
http://chebucto.ca

 	The big file Richard is referring to is a core file. These are
rare in user filespace and are usually created when someone somehow
manages to crash software, usually with some crazy command working on an
excessively large file or folder. Regular user use and abuse doesn't
create them and they're extremely rare to the point of a sasquatch
sighting.