David Suzuki in Halifax - Endangered Species talk

Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 15:37:13 -0400
To: NatureNS@chebucto.ns.ca, Sustainable Maritimes <sust-mar@chebucto.ns.ca>
From: Denise DeMoura <ac732@chebucto.ns.ca>

Thanks for this Owen,

>It seems very silly to me to bring someone like David Suzuki here to build
>up support for these issues and have him talk at an event which is
>completely beyond the reach of most Nova Scotians, let alone students and
>young activists.

and also Colin for awareness of this issue and for that damn political savy
we need to have

>> This means that David will be speaking at a $45 a plate dinner.  We have
>>kept
>> the cost as low as reasonable.  We regret that not everyone who would like
>> hear him will be able to attend.  On the other hand, the slightly more
>>upscale
>> audience might carry more weight in convincing the federal government to
>> proceed.

We all have our different gifts and approaches, some have more money, some
more time, some more connections, some more experience that usually comes
with age, some more energy, some a brilliant freshness...

We all need to work together however - if another more accesible event
could be arranged that would be great - then I'd be able to hear Suzuki
too.

Denise