arrest environmentalists

Date: Sat, 31 Oct 1998 14:31:25 -0400
To: "David M. Wimberly" <ag487@chebucto.ns.ca>, Sustainable-Maritimes <sust-mar@chebucto.ns.ca>
From: tomd@mby.auracom.com

At 02:17 PM 10/30/98 -0400, David M. Wimberly wrote:
>The Daily News article below was written specially for the Daily News.  It
>represents quite a threatening editorial bias made blatant.  This is
>important news when we consider what news we get about the environment or
>about social activism.

Please visit:
	The Enviromental Working Group
	<http://ewg.org/>

and
	<http://ewg.org/pub/home/clear/clear.html>

<quotes, variously snipped>
CLEAR
Clearinghouse on Environmental Advocacy and Research
tracks the industry-supported backlash against the environmental movement.
Anti-environmental activists, who often call themselves the "Wise Use"
Movement, seek to roll back or weaken laws that protect wildlife,
habitat, and public lands, as well as health and safety standards for our
water, food and air.

We encourage recipients of CLEAR materials to re-post,  reproduce and
distribute information freely (but with attribution and with identifying
text intact).  If you have  any colleagues that you feel would benefit from
our  information, please encourage them to subscribe directly.

Additionally, please keep in mind that CLEAR is always looking for
information on 'wise use' activists, campaigns and strategies.  We
encourage you to forward any relevant information to clear@ewg.org for use
in the clearinghouse.  The environmental advocates in our network are our
eyes and ears.

To subscribe to this list:
send a message to: clear-view@ewg3.ewg.org
include the single word "subscribe" in the subject line or
the body of the message.

To unsubscribe from this list:
send a message to: clear-view@ewg3.ewg.org
include the single word "unsubscribe" in the subject line
or the body of the message.

For further information or assistance, or to provide 'wise
use' information for use by CLEAR, send all messages to
clear@ewg.org
<endquotese>