WW: Global Temps Jump Off Chart (fwd)

Date: Sat, 31 Oct 1998 23:10:32 -0800
From: John/Karen Pearce <jk.pearce@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: Daniel Haran <ah813@chebucto.ns.ca>
CC: sust-mar@chebucto.ns.ca

Burning of fossil fuels in transportation is the leading producer of
carbon dioxide which is by far the biggest contributor to global warming
as it prevents solar heat from being re-radiated into space. Therefore if
we want to slow down global warming we should look first at more
efficient ways of moving people and goods and limiting unnecessary trips.
John Pearce, Meteorologist & President, Transport 2000 Atlantic.