International Ocean Institute - Press Release

Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 13:17:43 -0400 (AST)
From: Daniel Haran <ah813@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: sust-mar@chebucto.ns.ca, WAA <waa@fox.nstn.ca>

program to=2

Mr Race,

Will environmentalists be in attendance? whose job is it to ensure that
environmental issues be taken into consideration?

Right now, it seems a grim enterprise where corporate and government
interests divvy up the oceans' resources, with the assurance that if they
do it peacefully, the environment will not suffer; all the people you
mention in the release seem to be from those backrounds.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. Either way, thank you for keeping us
informed of this.

Peace-

Daniel.

On Tue, 17 Nov 1998, WAA wrote:

> Halifax to host major ocean conference
>
> For Immediate Release
>
> November 16, 1998
>
> HALIFAX - The largest collection of VIPs seen in this city since the G-7
Summit will meet from November 29 to December 3 at the World Trade and
Convention Centre.  His Excellency the Right Honourable Romeo LeBlanc,
Governor General of Canada, will head the delegation that will include a
former prime minister, provincial premiers, cabinet ministers,
pre-eminent scientists, business leaders, writers and journalists.