sust-mar: Press Release: Billy and Goliath - Epic Pipeline Route

Date: Wed, 06 Jan 1999 19:29:03 -0400
From: kchishol <kchishol@fox.nstn.ca>
To: sust-mar@chebucto.ns.ca

greenweb@fox.nstn.ca wrote:

>        BILLY AND GOLIATH: EPIC PIPELINE ROUTE HEARING
>
> Press Release....For Immediate Release....January 5, 1999
>
> The Green Web, Saltsprings, Pictou County, Nova Scotia

> ....del..... M&NEP want to run their high pressure natural gas
> pipeline in a location which will effectively destroy the
> heart of this extremely popular, wilderness camp.

Would you consider telling us why you feel that a buried pipeline will "effectively destroy" this
wilderness camp?  You ask for suport to oppose the pipeline, but you provide no facts to justify your
position. There may indeed be justifiable reasons for your concerns, but unless you tell us the
reasons, we will never know, and can have no rational basis to justify opposing the pipeline.

It would also be helpful to know if there is any reasonable alternative.

Given that Greenweb is basically opposed to the pipeline in principle, I wonder if Greenweb is simply
using this issue as another way to attempt to scuttle the pipeline. Would Greenweb support the
pipeline if it was moved so that ther was no significant impact on the Red Trail operation?

Thanks very much. Your comments will be helpful in deciding whether to support your request, or not.

Kevin Chisholm