Information

From: "Owen,Rochelle [Dartmouth]" <Rochelle.Owen@EC.GC.CA>
To: 'Sustainable Maritimes listserv' <sust-mar@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 10:44:48 -0400

Hi everyone. Below are my postings and responses to requests on two
list-serves that I am a member of the Community Health Promotion Network
that I thought you might be interested in the content.  Rochelle

Regarding the request for information proposal writing:

*	I have a one pager with tips on proposal writing that I use when
giving a presentation on this topic.  I can email it to anyone who wants a
copy.

*	We have a two page article on grassroots grant proposal writing

*	The non-profit Centre: http://www.fundsnetservices.com/nonproct.htm
under grant writing resources has a whole list of tip sheets on the topic.

*	The Canadian Centre for Philanthropy: http://www.ccp.ca/ has a
chapter from many of this books on-line including their book on grant
proposal writing on line at: :
http://www.ccp.ca/information/documents/gd13.htm.  This chapter lists the
main elements of a proposal and explains them in detail.

*	The summary of funders presentations from CAP fundraising workshop
includes tips from funders like Samuel and Sadie Bronfman Foundation and the
Royal Bank is available in French and English.

*	Notes from CAP Fundraising Workshops : This 74-page document
includes sections on fundraising methods and strategies, writing for
fundraising, developing a fundraising plan and more.  Available at our home
page at http://www.atl.ec.gc.ca/ecoaction/tools.html

>From the Community Animation Program Atlantic Lending Library we have:

Grass roots Grant proposal Writing
Building Foundation Partnerships

Groups can  borrow manuals

Regarding the request for information on strategic planning:
>From the Community Animation Program Atlantic Lending Library we have:

*	The Strategic Planning Workbook for Non-profit organizations
*	Long and Short-term Strategic Planning - one of the Skills Program
manuals(available in French)
*	PATH: Planning for Positive Futures - details a eight step problem
solving approach using maps and colourful graphics (includes video) from
Inclusion Press(available in French)
*	Other books that have strategic planning sections in them such as
How to Save a River - A handbook for citizen action and Organizing for
Social Change.

*	As well, I have a personal 3 pager on the elements of strategic
planning that I use when facilitating this type of workshop.
Groups can  borrow manuals and/or I can email my 3 pager.

_________________________________
Rochelle Owen
Community Animation Program
16th Floor, Queen Square
45 Alderney Drive
Dartmouth, N.S.
B2Y 2N6
902-426-2578 (ph)
902-426-2062 (fax)
http://www.ns.ec.gc.ca/ecoaction/home.html

CAP Atlantic provides information, training and animation to community
groups working on issues that link human health and the environment.