CIDA INVITING PROJECT PROPOSALS FROM PRINT MEDIA, NGOs

From: "Owen,Rochelle [Dartmouth]" <Rochelle.Owen@EC.GC.CA>
To: 'Sustainable Maritimes listserv' <sust-mar@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 08:53:24 -0300

For your information - this was emailed to me: Rochelle

MEDIA ADVISORY

CIDA INVITING PROJECT PROPOSALS FROM PRINT MEDIA, NGOs

Opportunity for Magazines, Weekly Newspapers and Small-Market Dailies

Financial Support Available

In mid-June the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA) will be
requesting proposals from newspapers, magazines and non-governmental
organizations to produce stories of development and international
cooperation in the Americas. This invitation will be directed specifically
to print media serving rural and smaller urban markets, and to NGOs active
in Central and South America and the Caribbean.

CIDA, through its Development Information Program, will contribute up to 50
per cent of project costs for successful proposals. Projects could include
articles, feature series, special issues or inserts; a number of newspapers
or magazines might work together on a project, perhaps collaborating with
NGOs. We encourage partnerships between media and NGOs and others with
front-line knowledge of hemispheric development.

This is an opportunity for community newspapers and dailies reaching smaller
markets, and for magazines, to explore stories of development and Canadian
contributions to cooperation in the Americas. And it comes as Canadians
begin a busy calendar of key hemispheric events-opening with Winnipeg's
Pan-Am Games this summer (July 23-Aug. 8) and culminating in the 2001 Summit
of the Americas in Quebec City.

Watch for this special Request for Proposals in mid-June; CIDA will
distribute it by e-mail and by mail. The Request for Proposals and full
information will also be found on the Web [http://www.acdi-cida.gc.ca/dip].
The Request will include a deadline for applications, which will fall about
three weeks after the Request is issued.

For more details, we invite media and NGOs to e-mail the Development
Information Program at PID_DIP@ACDI-CIDA.GC.CA or call (819) 997-1663.

- 30 -

_________________________________
Rochelle Owen
Community Animation Program
16th Floor, Queen Square
45 Alderney Drive
Dartmouth, N.S.
B2Y 2N6
902-426-2578 (ph)
902-426-2062 (fax)
http://www.ns.ec.gc.ca/ecoaction/home.html

CAP Atlantic provides information, training and animation to community
groups working on issues that link human health and the environment.