Subject: EarthFest 2000 [was: Re: How to organize a "Green

Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 18:11:49 -0400
To: sust-mar@chebucto.ns.ca
From: Wendy Priesnitz <wendy@life.ca>

Hello all,

Here is what I wrote to Rochelle privately when she posted to the list.
 --------
Our Natural Life Festivals, held across Canada (so far, in two Ontario and
one in BC during the past two years) sound a lot more green than the Wpg
Folk Festival, at least as described. But we don't have the big bucks to
buy the licensing/certification. We try to be smoke-free, waste-free and
scent-free. One food vendor serves rice and curry on banana leaves so as
not to use paper plates! And we collect all the food waste and add it to a
community worm composting project. There are lots more things we do, and
lots more me we'd like to do! The reason I'm telling you this is that we're
planning to do a Festival in Nova Scotia next year. We have a daughter
living in Wolfville, so that's been somewhere we've researched.
Unfortunately, Acadia University, where we first considered holding it,
won't allow us to have local, organic farmers, or local caterers....their
food services are exclusively run by Marriott. Any suggestions for locations?

We'd be happy to investigate possibilities for co-operation with Sierra
Club or anyone else.

Wendy Priesnitz, Publisher/Editor
Natural Life newsmagazine

http://www.life.ca