TIC job desc, long (fwd)

Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 00:19:19 -0300 (ADT)
From: Mark Butler <ar427@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: sust-mar@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi
An ad for these two positions was placed in Saturday's (18th)
Chronicle-Herald.  Below is the full job descriptions. The deadline is
Oct. 4. The jobs are also posted on the EAC wewbsite:
www.chebucto.ns.ca/Environment/EAC/EAC-Home.html

> ** HTOPS Job Description (Long version, for website and email)
>
> **INTRO
>
> The Ecology Action Centre is seeking two highly motivated individuals
> to fill positions as coordinator and assistant coordinator for a new
> initiative, the Halifax Transportation Options Program.  HTOPS is
> funded by the federal Climate Change Action Fund and will be
> implemented by the Transportation Issues Committee at the EAC. The
> initiative seeks to educate the public about the climate change
> aspects of our transportation choices and enact several alternate
> transportation pilot projects in and around Halifax. One full time and
> one half time position are available.
>
> *Project details:
> The work of the project will include the following tasks:
> - Develop/adapt materials for workplace pilot projects geared to
>   change the way people transport themselves to work.
> - Implement and expand workplace pilot projects.
> - Develop website and advertising materials on the project
>   specifically and sustainable transportation generally.
> - Organize public events
> - Develop and implement a sustainability strategy for the project.
> - Monitor and evaluate the project.
> - Write reports on its status to be made available to stakeholders.
> - Keep financial records and submit financial statements to funding
>   agency.
>

> *Candidate attributes:
>
> - Self motivated
> - Knowledge of transportation and alternative transportation theory/practice
> - Experience in publicizing events and dealing with media
> - Comfortable with computers - familiarity with the internet
> - Basic bookkeeping and financial skills
> - Able to communicate well to individuals and large groups
> - Volunteer experience or employee with non-governmental organization
> - Experience educating and developing educational materials
> - Excellent writing skills
>

> *Re application:
>
> - Salary range full-time is 25-30k$/year.
> - Salary range half-time is 12-15k$/year.
> - Duration is 2 years.
> - Candidate should indicate whether they are interested in the full or
> half time position.
>
> - Interested candidates should send their applications to the
> EAC. Included should be a maximum 500 word letter describing your view
> of the current state of urban transportation in the HRM, and what you
> would propose to do to make the system more energy efficient and
> sustainable.
>
> - Deadline is October 4.
>
> Address:
> Ecology Action Centre
> 1568 Argyle St. Suite 31, Halifax, B3J 2B3
> C/O Dave Brickman
> Transportation Coordinator
>

>> Dave Brickman CCME                       |  dbrick@diligent.bio.dfo.ca
>> Bedford Institute of Oceanography, P.O. Box 1006, 1 Challenger Drive
>> Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, CANADA, B2Y 4A2  |  (902) 426-5722
>> home: (902) 455-5486

Ecology Action Centre        | eac_hfx@istar.ca
1568 Argyle St. Suite 31     | (902) 429-2202
Halifax, N.S., Canada B3J2B3 | (902) 422-6410 (fax)