Strategic_Planning_Workshops/Atelier

From: "Owen,Rochelle [Dartmouth]" <Rochelle.Owen@EC.GC.CA>
To: 'Sustainable Maritimes listserv' <sust-mar@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 16:30:28 -0400

> "Planning for Change"
>
> Free Strategic Planning Workshops for Non Profits in the Maritimes
>
> The Community Animation Program (CAP), a joint initiative of Health Canada
> and Environment Canada, and the Community Mobilization Program of Justice
> Canada are hosting free Planning for Change workshops in seven locations
> throughout the Maritimes.
>
> This one-day workshop will examine the elements of strategic planning and
> program planning for non-profit community groups addressing health,
> environment and social justice concerns in their communities:
>
> Participants will:
> *	learn to define between strategic planning and program planning
> *	learn how to analyze their group's current situation, to set clear
> goals and objectives, and to develop a budget, evaluation, and
> communication plan
> *	receive a strategic planning handbook, including work sheets
> *	explore the links between human health, the environment, and social
> justice issues
> *	have time to develop and reflect on their group's strategic and/or
> program plans
> *	meet and network with like-minded groups!
>
> The Planning for Change workshops will be held in:
>
> Prince Edward Island:
> Charlottetown: Thursday, February 24
> (Workshops will be conducted in English.)
>
> Nova Scotia:
> Baddeck:  	Monday, February 28
> Yarmouth: 	Wednesday, March 1
> Truro: 	Wednesday, March 8
> (Workshops will be conducted in English.)
>
> New Brunswick:
> Saint John: 	Friday, March 24
> Moncton: 	Saturday, March 25
> Bathurst: 	Thursday, March 30
>
> In Moncton and Saint John, the workshop will be conducted in English with
> simultaneous translation to French. In Bathurst, Planning for Change will
> be conducted in French with simultaneous translation to English.
>
> Registration for the workshop is required.  To download more information
> including a registration form visit our website at:
> http://www.atl.ec.gc.ca/community
> or contact Heather Macmillan toll-free at 1-800-663-5755, or, in Halifax,
> at 426-8521 or by e-mail: heather.macmillan @ec.gc.ca
>
> *Six workshops were held in Newfoundland and Labrador in November/99.
> Another workshop will be held in St. John's in the spring and possibly on
> the Labrador coast.
>
> "Planifier le changement"
>
> Atelier GRATUIT à l'intention des groupes communautaires qui travaillent
> dans le domaine de la santé, de l'environnement et du développement
>
> Cet atelier GRATUIT d'une journée ayant pour thème Planifier le changement
> examine les éléments de la planification stratégique et de la
> planification de programmes des organismes sans but lucratif.  Il est
> parrainné par le programme d'animation communautaire (PAC), initiative
> conjointe de Santé Canada et d'Environnement Canada ainsi que le Programme
> de mobilisation des collectivés de Justice Canada.

> [...]

The preceding message was posted on Sustainable Maritimes (sust-mar)

TELL A FRIEND! The more people who join sust-mar, the more interesting and
diverse views we'll see ... and more people to read *your* messages.

So ... pssssst! Pass it on ...

To join sust-mar just send email to <majordomo@chebucto.ns.ca>
As the text of your message type "subscribe sust-mar" (without the quotes)