Friends of Hemlock Ravine Newsletter #1

From: "Roger Davies" <daisies@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: <sust-mar@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 06:07:12 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: Colin Stewart <cstewart@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: <hemlock@chebucto.ns.ca>
Sent: Wednesday, February 09, 2000 1:04 AM
Subject: Newsletter #1

Hi All

Our website is being worked on - and soon something more than a 'please be
patient' notice should appear.

In the mean time, newsletter 1 is ready.  To save postage all those with
internet access are being invited to download their copy.

It is available in pdf format or as a web document.

The initial web version is missing 3 'figures' - the table of contents, a
short list of events (details are in the newsletter) and the membership
application.  We'll fix this soon.

if your browser doesn't aleady have pdf capabilities you can probably
download them from your browsers's home.  Alternately you can download
Adobe Acrobat Reader, for free from Adobe (www.adobe.com).  (The pine
browser at chebucto won't handle pdf, but the web version is fine, and pdf
can be downloaded.)

The URL for the web version is

   http://chebucto.ns.ca/Environment/CPAWS/FHR/newslet.htm

the pdf version is at

   chebucto.ns.ca/Environment/CPAWS/FHR/newslet1.pdf

and I'll add a link to it to our website

   http://chebucto.ns.ca/Environment/CPAWS/FHR

If you really want a paper copy, let Scott Yetman know at

   Scott Yetman <as809@chebucto.ns.ca>

(This is a first for this method for us, so if there's a couple of
glitches, give us a day or two.)

Colin Stewart

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
The preceding message was posted on Sustainable Maritimes (sust-mar)
-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

A word from our technicians ...

Many subscribers have limited space for incoming email. Please remember to
limit the SIZE of your message. Messages longer than 10K cannot be posted.

CCN users cannot read messages written in html, or with other bells and
whistles. Please send messages to sust-mar in basic TEXT format.

Finally, please respect the privacy of others. Sust-mar messages are seen
by a lot of people and are accessible in our archives to anyone in the
world. Therefore, if you are forwarding a message that was sent to you,
please delete the names of other recipients before forwarding to sust-mar.

Similarly, if your message is going to other places, please send sust-mar
a separate copy. Our ~200 readers are worth the extra seconds it takes! :)