Let's get together to talk forests

From: Anna McCarron <amcarron@istar.ca>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 07:47:00 -0400
To: unlisted-recipients:; (no To-header on input)

Hi All Forest Enthusiasts:

Now that many of you have had a chance to take a breath after the Fabulous
Forest Forum and Picnic in a Clearcut activities, it's time to thank
everyone and to discuss where the Caucus should go from here.

Kim Thompson and I are inviting all forest enthusiasts to get together again
to ride on the momentum generated by the Forum and the Picnics to make some
decisions on where the Forests Caucus should go from here. This meeting is
open to all. We encourage all to bring a friend who may be new to the forest
issues subject, but is nevertheless interested.

Some topics up for discussion will include the relationship between the
Forests Caucus and the Nova Scotia Environmental Network (NSEN), whether or
not the Forests Caucus should become an independent group, ways to aquire
funding for a coordinator and organizing a forests conference.

Kim and I thought we should meet before the end of June. Some ideas for a
gathering/meeting format that we tossed around were to have a BBQ, perhaps
at Kim's place in Ship Harbour or at a more central location, a meeting
setting rather than a BBQ at a central location, or a combination of both.

Please let me know by Monday June 12th what your preferences are and if you
would like to attend;
the kind of format: meeting setting or informal gathering such as a BBQ or
combo; location: Kim Thompson's place or meeting room in Halifax, or some
other suggestion;
date: sometime in June preferably
time of the week: weekend or some evening through the week.

Thanks for your attention, we look forward to hearing from you via Anna's
email address.

Kim Thompson and Anna McCarron
Co-chairs,
Nova Scotia Environmental Network Forests Caucus

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
The preceding message was posted on Sustainable Maritimes (sust-mar)
-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

A word from our technicians ...

Many subscribers have limited space for incoming email. Please remember to
limit the SIZE of your message. Messages longer than 10K cannot be posted.

CCN users cannot read messages written in html, or with other bells and
whistles. Please send messages to sust-mar in basic TEXT format.

Finally, please respect the privacy of others. Sust-mar messages are seen
by a lot of people and are accessible in our archives to anyone in the
world. Therefore, if you are forwarding a message that was sent to you,
please delete the names of other recipients before forwarding to sust-mar.

Similarly, if your message is going to other places, please send sust-mar
a separate copy. Our 200+ readers are worth the extra seconds it takes! :)