NSEN Forests Caucus July 15 gathering

From: Anna McCarron <amcarron@istar.ca>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 22:09:33 -0400
To: unlisted-recipients:; (no To-header on input)

Hi all forest enthusiasts:

Kim and I are inviting you to a NSEN Forests Caucus Strategizing and
Celebrating Gathering meeting to discuss the next steps for the Forests Caucus.

Following in the wake of the Forest Forum and Picnics in a Clear cut,
the Forests Caucus will be meeting on Saturday, July 15 from 2:30 - 5:30, at
the home of Heather Johnstone in Waverley (directions below). A proposed
agenda follows. If anyone would like to add to or comment on it, please
let me know before July 13. A final agenda will be sent on the 14th.

This meeting is open to anyone interested in working on forest issues in
the next year and especially to those who worked on making the Forum the
success it was. We want to combine business with an opportunity to
meet informally over a meal and to find out what we do when we aren't
talking trees, so a semi hosted pot luck will follow the meeting - 5:30 -
8:00.

THE PROPOSED AGENDA for the meeting is as follows:

   * picnic in a clear cut /review/how to plan for next year?/promotion
   * Conference/is it needed?/what focus?/for whom?/Is this a way to get
everyone         to the table?
   * Getting money for Forests Caucus/conference coordinator
   * Forest Alliance relationship now and what it could look like
   * Forest Stewardship Council representation/what that could look like
   * Update with the NSEN about NSEN/Caucus relationship

DIRECTIONS to the village of Waverley:

Take any of the exits for Waverley/Fall River/Miller Lake from Highways
#118 or #102 (turn right at end of exit) and follow signs for Waverley.
OR from Dartmouth, follow the 'Waverley Rd', Braemar Drive (at Dartmouth end
which turns into the Portobello Rd  at Waverley end) to the village of
Waverley - a beautiful drive along the lakes.
OR from Bedford, take the road at the lights (which is Rocky Lake Road) in
between the Canadian Tire in the Sunnyside Mall and the Petro Canada on the
Bedford Highway.

and to Heather's house once you are at the "Village Green" across from the
Irving:

if you took the 100 series highways, take a right at the fork in the road at
the Irving Station onto Rocky Lake Road past the Waverley Post Office (on
left) and Heritage Church/Museum (on left) and take the first left onto
School Street.

Heather's place is 21 School Street,  the 2nd driveway on the right after
the Waverley Memorial School. Sign 'Wit's End" is at the bottom of the drive.

If coming from the Portobello Road, take a wide left at the Irving onto
Rocky Lake Road.

If coming from Bedford on Rocky Lake Road, turn right onto School Street,
before you get to the landmarks described above. If you get to the Irving
you have gone too far.

CARPOOLING is encouraged. If you need to carpool, please let me know.
Likewise if you are able to give people drives.

POTLUCK dishes, salads, drinks, bread, munchies are all welcome.

Looking forward to seeing many of you there for a celebration of how far we
have come and to look into where we can go in the future.

Please let us know asap at my (Anna's) address if you can make it. If you
need better directions, or if you need to speak to me please call (902)
861-3624.

See you there.

Kim Thompson and Anna McCarron
Co-chairs,
NSEN Forests Caucus

The preceding message was posted on Sustainable Maritimes (sust-mar)

Looking for an old message? You'll find it in the sust-mar ARCHIVES ...
http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/lists/sust-mar