Important Halifax/Dartmouth Water Watch Events next Week.

From: dannyc@ns.sympatico.ca (Danny Cavanagh)
To: "ww sust-mar Mailing" <sust-mar@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2000 20:37:32 -0300

NOTICE: To all! Pass the word along to members, friends and family!

I just received word that Federal NDP leader Alexa McDonough along with the
volunteer chair of the Council of Canadians Maude Barlow will be in
attendance at this Tuesdays (October 10th) CUPE Information picket at City
Hall in Halifax.  The CUPE Water Watch information session are held between
5 and 6pm weekly every Tuesday at Halifax City Hall.

On Thursday October 12th CUPE will have their National president Judy Darcy
coming in to Halifax and doing a press conference on water watch and then we
will be doing an information picket later in the day at the Dartmouth Ferry
Terminal with sister Darcy between 4:30 and 5:30.

It is important that we the residents who care about the local community
issues like water, health, environment, and increased taxation with
privatization of sewage treatment attend these events. We need to get and
have as many people as we can to turn out at these information sessions. We
need to show our support in return for the support that both the Federal NDP
and the Council of Canadians are showing us. We need to support CUPE's
efforts locally and nationally. Lets show CUPEs national president we
support Halifax water watch.  CUPE has gone to great lengths with its water
watch campaigns and have worked very closely with both Alexa and Maude on
the very important community effects on the privatization of water and
sewage issues across Canada.

It's important that we all show the solidarity and great support to all
these national figures on October 10th and 12th by attending the information
sessions to raise even more public awareness.

I am asking you to please do your best to attend these very important events
to show that the residents of Halifax will not tolerate the corruption,
price increases and environmental disasters that have followed the
multinational corporations around the world.  We say Halifax will be no
different if the corporations get their foot in the door. Halifax water
watch is slowing the privatization train in Halifax and on the harbor
issues; with your support and help we can stop it in its tracks!

In Solidarity
Danny Cavanagh
Halifax /Dartmouth area
Water Watch Campagin
Phone 902 - 455 4180
Fax 902 455-5915
dannyc@ns.sympatico.ca

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
The preceding message was posted on Sustainable Maritimes (sust-mar)

A word from our lawyers ...

Don't forget ... COPYRIGHT material, such as newspaper/magazine articles
cannot be posted on sust-mar without the owner's permission. It's against
the law. CROSS-POSTINGS (messages from other lists) are also discouraged.

In either case, why not tell us something about the issue in your own
words? Or ... send a clipping along with the URL where the original can be
found, or directions how to join the list it came from?

Takes a few more minutes, but makes for a more interesting sust-mar ... :)