TO POST: Workshop Invitation RSVP ASAP

From: "CESR" <cesr@is2.dal.ca>
To: <sust-mar@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2001 18:21:07 -0400

All welcome! If interested, please RSVP ASAP.

A Workshop on Corporate, Environmental and Social Responsibility
Hosted by The Society for Corporate, Environmental and Social Responsibility
(CESR)
Saturday, February 10
7:00 PM -10:00 PM
Room 41, 1322 Robie St.

You are invited to a free workshop on Corporate, Environmental and Social
Responsibility hosted by CESR.  Come and join the dialogue on these
important issues.

The plan for the evening:
7 - 8 PM: Norman Roy of Equiterre will be doing a presentation about the
international coffee industry, fair trade issues and social justice (He is
on an Eastern Canada tour to generate awareness of these issues:
www.equiterre.qc.ca ).

8 - 9 PM Jamie MacDonald will talk about The Natural Step (TNS) - A
Framework for Sustainable Development. TNS is being used by governments
(Sweden), municipalities (Whistler), NGOS and businesses (Shell, Nike,
Starbucks). A poweful model for sustainability.

9 - 10 PM We will watch a video. This video is an interview with CEO Ray
Anderson of Interface. Interface is a multi-billion dollar, international
company that is trying to "do the right thing." Find out how this company is
positively changing the way business is done.

We will order pizza, so please bring $. Also, please RSVP ASAP to ensure we
have enough seats.

A stimulating way to spend a Saturday evening!

To learn more about CESR and this event, check out our web site at:
http://is2.dal.ca/~cesr and to RSVP, please reply to cesr@is2.dal.ca

Tamara Lorincz
Acting Chair of CESR
MBA/LLB Dalhousie University