Show your support for revitalization of passenger rail in NS

From: "Doyle, Tim" <Tim.Doyle@freedom55financial.com>
To: sust-mar@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 09:52:33 -0400

Transport 2000 Atlantic will be hosting a return trip by VIA rail passenger
train services from Halifax to Truro on Saturday, September 22.  This is a
great opportunity to show support for returning passenger rail services to
Nova Scotia on a daily basis as a form of commuter travel.  For those of you
who frequently use VIA it's an opportunity to travel with some friends and
enjoy a nice fall scenic day.  For those who have never taken a train or
haven't used this service for years, it's a great opportunity to experience
the train service here and get a feeling as to why we should be expanding
this service and improving on it.

We will be accepting new members to Transport 2000 at an introductory
membership price of $10 but membership is not compulsory to attend this
event.  The cost is $40 return and children (aged 2-11) are $20.  The train
leaves Halifax at 12:55 PM and returns to Halifax for 4:10 PM.  There will
be a 20 minute layover in Truro and food services will be available in the
dining car.  There will also be a dome car available both ways.

For those interested, please mail a cheque payable to Transport 2000
Atlantic:
 Box 268
Dartmouth, NS
B2Y 3Y3

Please include your name, address, phone number and age when sending your
cheques.  Come meet board members and the executive and find out what's
REALLY happening in Nova Scotia and the Maritimes with regards to
sustainable transportation issues.  We need your support to make this event
a success!

For further information feel free to call Tim Doyle @ 422-1631 ext. 271 or
President John Pearce at 469-3474 or fax 469-3637
Thanks for your support.
D. Tim Doyle, B.Comm.
Financial Security Advisor
Freedom 55 Financial & Quadrus Investments
(902) 422-1631 ext. 271

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
The preceding message was posted on Sustainable Maritimes (sust-mar)
-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

A word from our technicians ...

Many subscribers have limited space for incoming email. Please remember to
limit the SIZE of your message. Messages longer than 10K cannot be posted.

CCN users cannot read messages written in html, or with other bells and
whistles. Please send messages to sust-mar in basic TEXT format.

Finally, please respect the privacy of others. Sust-mar messages are seen
by a lot of people and are accessible in our archives to anyone in the
world. Therefore, if you are forwarding a message that was sent to you,
please delete the names of other recipients before forwarding to sust-mar.

Similarly, if your message is going to other places, please send sust-mar
a separate copy. Our 300+ readers are worth the extra seconds it takes! :)