Time for Peace Now

Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 14:23:37 -0300
To: sust-mar@chebucto.ns.ca
From: jslakov@TartanNET.ns.ca (Jan Slakov)

Dear Sust-mar list,

I believe people on this list will be interested to read the compilation of
messages below, which show us a way to act now for peace.

Unless we work hard now, I think our efforts to save the earth could be
consumed by the excesses of global war-making.

All the best, Jan
Dear "Bruna's list", Enviro-Clare and others,

I just got the letter below, to Prime Minister Chrétien. I find it excellent
and I plan to send it, with an explanation that I agree with it so
completely, that I am simply sending the same wording along.

I may mention that I heard on the radio that Canada was the only NATO
country not yet committing itself to participate in a military attack to
react to the attack of Sept. 11 and that I am ever grateful for that. I
think I will copy my letter to my MP, Robert Thibault.

This is, I believe, not just Chrétien's moment of truth, but a huge moment
of truth for the whole planet. I am daring to hope that we are on the verge
of really building a culture of peace.

all the best, dear "Bruna's list", Enviro-Clare and other friends, Jan
PS I am adding a message I recieved from a friend in the UK, entitled
"silence". The message prompted me to go out and participate in a time of
silence, informed by the spirit of my friend's message.