Halifax 2051: Reinventing the city for the next 50 years

From: af189@chebucto.ns.ca
To: sust-mar@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2001 21:33:52 -0400

This was faxed to my workplace last week and I thought some people on sust-mar
might be interested. Sorry for not getting it out sooner.

Wednesday, November 14, 2001

Dear Citizen of HRM;

I would like to extend an invitation for you to attend and participate in the
Halifax Regional Library program "Halifax 2051: Reinventing the city for the
next 50 years," taking place at the Spring Garden Road Memorial Library Public
Library on Wednesday, November 21, at 7 pm.

As the Library looks back on its founding 50 years ago, this evening program
looks to the future. Where is the Halifax Regional Municipality and its
downtoan headed, or where should we be headed? This special open forum
moderated by HRM City Councillor Sheila Fougere, presents a number of differing
visions for the future of Halifax and its downtown development and planning,
and invites you to participate and share your ideas from the audience. The
evening's other panelists include Frank Palermo, Director of the Cities and
Environment Unit of Dalhousie University's Department of Urban and Rural
Planning, Stephanie Sodero, Coordinator of the TRAX project of the Ecology
Action Center, and Peter Doig, member of the Halifax Chamber of COmmerce
executive committee, Chair of the Halifax Regional Library Board, and organizer
of the recent HRM 20/20 public consultation.

This free public program will be more interesting and useful with your
participation. I hope you are able to attend and share your views on the future
of downtown and the Halifax Regional Municipality.

Sincerely,

Darlene Beck
Spring Garden Road Memorial Public Library
Branch Manager

 This mail was sent through the Nova Scotia Provincial Server,
 with technical resources provided by Chebucto Community Net.
 http://nsaccess.ns.ca/mail/         http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/

The preceding message was posted on Sustainable Maritimes (sust-mar)

DOES SUST-MAR KNOW? Not unless you tell us ...

To submit a message about the environment/sustainability in the Maritimes,
just send it to <sust-mar@chebucto.ns.ca>

Messages are prioritised and queued, so please be patient if your message
doesn't appear right away. Only messages from subscribers will be posted.