Be the Update

From: "Andrew Angus" <jaangus@is2.dal.ca>
To: <sust-mar@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 12:27:20 -0400

Exciting news from Be the Change - www.bethechange.ca
1. The Calendar works again.
2. New online petition feature.
3. Community groups page updated.
4. Discussion Boards coming soon.
5. What is Be the Change?
If you have any comments or ideas on how to make Be the Change better please
tell us. We would really like to hear what you think...
thanks
andrew and craig

The calendar now works!
The People and Planet Calendar at www.bethechange.ca is now working again
and we would love to hear from you and get more events on the calendar.
I have added about 40 events today but I am sure there are a tonne more out
there. If you have an event to add please email info@bethechange.ca with the
Event Title:
Start Time:
Finish Time:
Location:
Contact info:
(normally you would be able to add this event yourself but that part of the
calendar is not fixed yet)
If you would like to join the bethechange listserve and get a weekly email
of event listing please send a blank email to
bethechange-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

New online Petition feature. http://www.bethechange.ca/petition

We have recently found a website that hosts online petitions and has no
advertising. This is a great service that people can visit and sign the
petition you have added. It is really flexible and a great tool.
There are two petitions that are on this site currently that are linked to
the bethechange site. If you would like to add a petition and link it to
bethechange please check out www.bethechange.ca/petition

Community Groups Page updated
http://www.bethechange.ca/home/get_involved/community_groups.htm

Our community groups page has been updated and we would love to add more
groups to this page. If you would like to add a group please send the
following to info@bethechange.ca and we will add it. If you would like to
edit a group that is currently there please send the new info as well.
Name of Group:
Description of Group:
Contact info: (phone, email, website)
listerve to join:

Discussion boards

We have been working on adding new discussion boards to the site. If you
have any input on the best, free discussion boards that would be greatly
appreciated. We have been looking a number of them and are trying to work
out the best option. Your input would be greatly appreciated. Any technical
support is also greatly appreciated. once again info@bethechange.ca

What is be the change?

Be the Change seeks to build stronger community bonds between individuals
and community groups as a prerequisite for building a healthy and vibrant
community and thus affecting widespread change. The goal is to get more
people involved with all community groups by pooling resources and
conducting outreach to a broad segment of society. This process aims to peak
interest and give newcomers the resources they need to help them get
involved with a wide diversity of community groups.
Check out a list of community groups in Halifax or see what events are
happening by clicking on the buttons on the home page. So you think that you
want to get involved why not volunteer. Want the lastest news from a variety
of sources. Check ou the News Sources page. There are also lots of ways to
take action such as signing a petition, faxing your MP, emailing your
councillor or firing off an email to The Senate. Or maybe you would like to
join the Be the Change listserv, a once weekly email of events, check out
listserv.
We look forward to seeing you at upcoming events where you can learn more
about what is happening in the Maritimes.

Thanks for all your help

Andrew and Craig